We’re looking for the best and brightest with a passion to learn, teach, and grow with us. Here are a few of our current openings:
Part-Time Teachers - School Year 2017/2018
We are always seeking part-time teachers in all disciplines:
Our unique 4-term approach allows teachers and students to join BTA at the beginning of each term.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, a cover letter and contact information for three references by email to Lee Palmer, Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blyth-Templeton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Organization Overview: The mission of Blyth-Templeton Academy is to transform the lives of its students by providing highly individualized, experiential education in small classes with dedicated and skilled educators. Blyth-Templeton Academy is designed to be a school that is small enough to be personally in touch with every individual, yet large enough to offer a broad range of courses. Our model combines a warm, inviting atmosphere with great teaching that allows our students to flourish. We are looking to launch our second campus in the fall of 2018 and believe that when we find the right candidate we will also find the right location for the new school. Please visit our website for a detailed description of our model and first campus located in Washington, D.C.: www.blythtempleton.org.
Head of School Position Summary: We are seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial educator committed to the creation of an educational environment that combines strong academic standards, differentiated instruction and a caring and empathetic culture that is responsive to individual student needs. The Head of School will oversee all aspects of the development and material creation of the new campus and report to the President and Board of Directors. In this role, s/he will be responsible for the recruitment and timetabling of the initial class of students, the development of the physical space and the implementation and supervision of the model which includes full-time, part-time and private study, including summer school, at the campus.
- Develop an outreach program that includes campus orientations, Open Houses and other special events to introduce Blyth-Templeton Academy to the greater local community and launch student recruitment process.
- Articulate the Blyth-Templeton mission and communicate it to potential families.
- Primary spokesperson for the school in the local community with direct responsibility for communicating with parents and community connectors.
- Lead the admissions process for first year family and student recruitment and retention.
- Recruit and onboard founding school staff including Guidance Counselor, Academic Administrator and teachers in consultation with the President.
- Establish and cultivate a culture of “Excellence by Design,” and a healthy school atmosphere that supports extraordinary student outcomes.
- Hire and oversee campus staff including Guidance Counselor, Academic Administrator and teachers in consultation with the President.
- Conduct student entry interviews.
- Hire and supervise teachers to ensure that course syllabi and standards of assessment and evaluation are in line with U.S. standards and Blyth-Templeton policies.
- Create school schedules and individual student schedules in cooperation with the President and Guidance Counselor according to written policies and standards.
- Supervise and participate in marketing the school and recruiting students.
- Oversee the student information system on a per term basis including transcript updates.
- Ensure that ongoing student reporting requirements are met.
- Ensure compliance with all Blyth-Templeton policies and procedures as they affect the campus.
- Supervise teachers and staff on campus-wide service learning initiatives and events.
- Responsible for the management of the campus budget.
- Maintain appropriate liaison with local landlord and service providers as required.
- Prepare and execute campus orientation programs, information sessions and other events.
- Submit all student reports required at course completion to the President.
- Interface with parents and families with respect to issues (academic concerns, attendance, behavior, etc.) as required.
- Assist with curriculum development and supervise teacher training for the campus in consultation with the President.
- Oversee full-time, part-time, private classes and summer school at the campus.
- Assist in counseling students in course selection over an academic year of four terms (45 school days per term).
- Assist in counseling students on post-secondary plans including college applications.
- Responsible for developing the Academy’s positive presence in the community and for developing a healthy school atmosphere that supports extraordinary student outcomes.
A love of learning, entrepreneurial spirit, and unsurpassed written and oral communications. This is a position for an independent learner who is committed to student-centered, experiential learning; someone who likes to experiment, evaluate and improve on everything s/he does; someone who has a deep respect for all young people; someone who has empathy for the challenges they face in their lives.
In addition, we seek inspired individuals with:
- Undergraduate degree, Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proven track record of working effectively at the secondary school level.
- Education management experience required.
- Energetic team member who flourishes in a fast-paced environment.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In order to attract highly qualified candidates, we offer a competitive benefits package.
Next Steps: Please select the Apply Now button below, then complete and submit the form. You may attach a resume and cover letter outlining what motivates you to love learning, how your skills and experience exceed the qualifications, and how you heard about this opportunity. Blyth-Templeton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.